How to Find Every Instance of the Granville Sharp Rule
At a recent Camp Logos an attendee asked:
What is the search query for locating examples of the Granville Sharp rule?
If you’re unfamiliar with this Greek construction, I’ll show you below how to get some information about it.
The good news is there is a search query for finding examples. The better news is you don’t have to worry about it because the software does the heavy lifting for us!
Allow me to show you what I mean with my new Logos best friend, the Bible Browser:
- Choose Tools | Bible Browser
- Select a Bible from which to display the results (A)
- Expand in the sidebar the Grammatical Constructions section (B)
- Expand the Greek subsection (C)
- Click more>> to display additional facets (D)
- Notice all of the pre-tagged Greek grammatical constructions including Granville Sharp (E)
- Rest the cursor on the Granville Sharp facet to see a popup definition of this construction (F)
- Click the Granville Sharp facet (F) to display on the right biblical examples of the Greek grammatical construction (G)
To easily brush up on your knowledge of the Granville Sharp rule try this quick search:
- Type this query in the Command box: “Granville Sharp” (H)
- Select from the drop down list Search for “Granville Sharp” (I)
- Utilize the Library Results section to jump to locations of this phrase in your library (J)
Today’s blog post is just one of numerous examples of how Logos takes something that could be very complicated and makes it much simpler!
Also be sure to follow the new MP Seminars Faithlife group and receive a FREE download of the commentary Ephesians: Verse by Verse by Dr. Grant Osborne.
The post How to Find Every Instance of the Granville Sharp Rule appeared first on LogosTalk.
from Training – LogosTalk http://ift.tt/2qHAlCU