The Mighty Have Fallen—in Price. Round 4 Discounts LIVE
Logos March Madness is nearing completion, and the discounts on runners-up are getting steeper. Get 50% off four bestselling commentary series and four popular Mobile Ed courses.
Here are the eliminated resources from round 4.
- Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) (61 vols.) — A juggernaut among commentaries, this series dominated in earlier rounds until it fell to NICOT/NT (currently projected to win). Emphasizing a thorough analysis of textual, linguistic, structural, and theological evidence, the WBC provides judicious and balanced insight into the meanings of texts in their biblical-theological framework.
- The Anchor Yale Bible (88 vols.) — A prestigious series of more than 80 volumes on the Hebrew Bible, New Testament, and Apocrypha. Rich in detail and textual analysis, this hallmark of biblical scholarship draws on the expertise of Protestant, Catholic, and Jewish scholars from around the world.
- Pillar New Testament Commentary (15 vols.) — Interacts with the most important, informed contemporary debates yet avoids undue technical detail. The result is a blend of rigorous exegesis and exposition, scholarship, and pastoral sensitivity, with an eye toward both biblical theology and the contemporary relevance of the Bible.
- The New Testament Library Series (15 vols.) — A newer player in the commentary world, this in-depth work expounds on the books of the New Testament and themes such as Paul’s theology, ethics, and the church’s ministry in the world.
Mobile Ed courses—50% off
- Survey of the Major Prophets — Dr. Paul Ferris teaches on the office of prophet, provides detailed character studies of prophets like Isaiah and Jeremiah, and outlines his methodology for teaching powerful lessons drawn from their lives and teaching.
- The Use of the Old Testament in the New Testament: Methodology and Practice — Learn the four ways New Testament writers used the Old Testament, why they did so, and how following their example can help you read the whole Bible more Christianly.
- Book Study: The Gospel of Matthew in Its Greco-Roman Context — Analyze the Gospel of Matthew as an ancient biography meant to communicate historical information as well as moral, theological, and political lessons.
- Jesus as Rabbi: The Jewish Context of the Life of Jesus — Explore the words of Jesus through the context of His conversations with other Jews. From the role of ancient rabbis and rabbinic literature to portrayals of Jesus in the Talmud, Dr. Instone-Brewer reveals how Jesus’ teachings were influenced by His Jewish life.
Browse all these deals now, and after you shop, don’t forget to vote for round 5 match-ups. We’re down to four products in both commentaries and Mobile Ed, so help your favorites get to the championship round. Voting ends at noon (PT) on March 15.
The post The Mighty Have Fallen—in Price. Round 4 Discounts LIVE appeared first on LogosTalk.
from Logos Talk: The Logos Bible Software Blog http://ift.tt/2tMIx6s