Two Ways to Study the Divine Council
I have recently been rereading the magnificent book, The Unseen Realm, by Faithlife’s own, Dr. Michael Heiser. If you have yet to order and study this material, I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so! Whether you agree, disagree or just scratch your head while moving through this work, I promise you, your Bible reading will never be the same after The Unseen Realm. It really is life changing!
At the heart of the book lies Psalm 82:1:
God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: (ESV)
Obviously as I read the book, I was learning what Mike thought about the topic of the divine council, but I wanted to explore my library for more information.
So here are a couple of easy-to-use methods I employed for studying this subject and you can do so as well: Phrase Search and Factbook.
- Open a Bible such as the ESV or LEB to Psalm 82:1 (A)
- Select (highlight) the phrase divine council (ESV) or divine assembly (LEB) (B)
- Right click on the selection (C)
- Select from the right side of the context menu the selected phrase (D)
- Select from the left side of the context menu Search all resources (E)
- Notice the Search panel opens displaying all mentions of this phrase in your library (F)
- Select By Resource to display the books containing the phrase in alphabetical order (G)
- Enjoy your research and be sure to compare and contrast your findings with The Unseen Realm
For more search results:
- Change in the Find box the word council to assembly or vice versa so you’re searching for both phrases (H)
- Press the Enter key to generate the new search results
- Choose the Tools menu
- Select Factbook
- Type divine council or divine assembly in the box (I)
- Select Divine Assembly in the drop down list to generate the report (J)
- Again enjoy your research!
With either of the above methods you’ll access the article Divine Council in The Lexham Bible Dictionary. (K)
Please be sure to read this article because it’s also written by Dr. Michael Heiser and it’s an excellent introduction to The Unseen Realm!
For more detailed instruction about Searching and the Factbook be sure to check out the Logos 7 Training Manuals Volumes 1-3 in print or digital.
And for a great way to learn to study the Bible with Logos register for Camp Logos Inductive in Atlanta April 23-25 available both live and as a webinar!
Also be sure to follow the MP Seminars Faithlife group and receive a FREE download of the commentary Ephesians: Verse by Verse by Dr. Grant Osborne.
from Training – LogosTalk http://ift.tt/2oTxVgm